The Br-2 is a Soviet 152mm heavy towed cannon from the interwar period and World War II. The initial velocity of the demolition shell from this gun was up to 880 m / s, with a maximum range of about 25,000 meters. Serial production was carried out in the years 1937-1940 and led to the creation of about 40 pieces of these weapons.
Design work on the Br-2 began at the end of the 1920s. Originally, the weapons were developed at the plants in what was then Leningrad, but later the plants in Stalingrad (today's Volgograd) were co-opted for this task. The new gun was planted on a tracked chassis, but also had a considerable range. The disadvantages, however, include the relatively low mobility in the field, resulting from the relatively high weight of the gun, as well as the low service life of the barrel. The Br-2 cannons took part in the Winter War with Finland (1939-1940) and a limited part in the war with Germany (1941-1945), and one of the most famous operations in which they fought was the Berlin Operation. After the war, the Br-2 cannons were modernized to the Br-2M standard and remained in service until the 1970s.