As the latest F/A-18 variants, the F/A-18E/F aircraft have greatly improved electronic equipment and extended combat radius. To perform the missions like air superiority and ground attack and complex tasks including reconnaissance and electronic warfare, the F/A-18F’s rear cockpit weapon systems operator has new advanced cockpit displays and control system. The pilot and the weapon systems operator can perform air-to-air and air-to-ground tasks at the same time. Before the next-generation carrier-based fighters enter service, the F/A-18F will still be the main combat aircraft of the U.S. aircraft carrier battle group.
MENG releases this brand-new LS-013 Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet model kit licensed by The Boeing Company. The finished model will be 377.9mm long and 273.4mm wide. This kit includes pre-cut stainless steel PE parts and pre-cut painting masks. Now let’s take a look at the details.
- The exterior features and details of the real aircraft are accurately reproduced.
- Flaps and slats can be installed in retracted or deployed positions.
- Horizontal stabilizers and rudders are movable.
- The two-seat variant’s cockpit and cockpit interior equipment are precisely replicated.
- The specially designed pluggable main pylons allow the easy change of weapons; this kit includes AGM-65 air-to-ground missiles and GBU-16 laser-guided bombs.
- Two U.S. Navy pilot figures featuring realistic gestures and finely replicated suit and equipment are included. Two flight helmet options are provided.
- This kit includes optional exterior parts.